My question RELATED TO THE TOPICS ABOVE is...

Can you give us an update on Sam Dodson?

Sam Dodson is imprisoned for attempting to exercise his right to record in a Keene, NH courtroom, and for trying to shine some sunlight on court practices. Can you update us on his situation, and what people can do to help?

444 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex LibmanAlex Libman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a big supporter of Sam's civil disobedience, and I consider what he is doing 100% justified, rational, and heroic - no if's, and's, or but's! It is a privilege to live in a state with people who are willing to put everything on the line like this, for their freedom and ours!

There have been, however, some inaccurate rumors over the extent of his fast / hunger strike. From what I understand, he has chosen to limit his food intake to liquid foods that provide sufficient nourishment for indefinite survival. He has been weakening, but his life is not in immediate danger. One might speculate that Sam chose to do this as an act of mental and physical purification, a protest over his unjust interment, and to demonstrate defiance and resolve to his captives - all of which are very good reasons. I wish I could have the strength to do the same in similar circumstances.

That said, once again - way to go Sam! His cause is just, and I am truly grateful for what he is doing. There'd be no liberty in this world without people like Sam willing to draw a line in the sand and say NO to government tyranny!

• guerrebearguerrebear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Honor, Mr. N, this case is one of the most outrageous attacks on personal freedom I've heard about in a long time. They are imprisoning a young man indefinitely just to show who's boss. He's on a hunger strike and will likely die over 3 inconsequential misdemeanors!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base