I'd like you to invite ...

Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson has suggested he might want to run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. He was a 2-term governor (of NM), he supported Ron Paul in his presidential bid, he has been outspoken against the war on drugs and has expressed a desire to end the Federal Reserve. I'd like to hear more from this guy!

1,103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NateNate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As governor, he earned himself the nickname "Governor Veto" for vetoing over 750 bills and line-item vetoing thousands more. Only two of his vetoes were overturned by a democratic majority legislature, and he won his re-election by a greater margin than his first in a 2:1 democratic state. He campaigned for marijuana legalization while in office as well, believing it would decrease prison populations as well as end the border violence. He doesn't believe in securing the border, but rather making it easier to immigrate.

He is a true champion of small government and civil liberties. He really should be a more regular guest to the show.

Feedback and Knowledge Base