I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Discuss California's right to hold Dr. Richard Fine as a political prisoner in solitary confinement

Dr. Fine, a 70-year old anti-trust attorney is being held with no bali, no bond, no hearing date and no release date. his crime? Accusing LA County judges of accepting bribes and judicial corruption. For details go to www.fulldisclosure.net

102 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shirley MacShirley Mac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shirley MacShirley Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tonight, the high holy day of Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of Atonement, Richard Fine has been released from the L.A. County Jail, by his Jewish captor Judge Yaffe. God works in mysterious ways! Thank you Lord! Shirley Mac

• NewsreformerNewsreformer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FEDERAL & STATE INDICTMENTS SOUGHT
        Dr. Richard I. Fine, a prominent 70-year-old former U.S. Prosecutor who served in the Department of Justice Anti-Trust Division in Washington D. C., has filed a demand for Grand Jury investigations, naming twenty-two California Judges whom he claims have been obstructing justice in the U. S. and California Courts. The demand was submitted to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, California's A.G. Edmund G. (Jerry) Brown, Jr., Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley and U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte, Jr. http://fulldisclosure.net/Documents/AGsGrandJuryInvestigation9-2-10.pdf

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE
        The Demand submitted by Fine cites specific cases where illegal payments to Judges led to obstruction of justice, including one such case where State Superior Court Judge David P. Yaffe admitted in court testimony to taking the illegal payments. Fine also cites where Judge Yaffe admitted in his Minute Order on July 13, 2010 that he lied to the higher courts when ruling against him following Fine’s petition to the U.S. Supreme Court citing "Fraud Upon the Court"

JUDGE YAFFE RESIGNS
        It is believed the unexpected resignation of State Superior Court Judge David P. Yaffe a few weeks ago was prompted by both the Richard I Fine case and the Sturgeon vs. County of L.A. case won by the Judicial Watch organization. The November 2008 Sturgeon ruling held the County payments to State Judges were illegal. The California Judicial Council quietly slipped through state legislation (Senate Bill SBx2-11) in February 2009 at the height of the budget crisis attempting to legalize the payments. The questionable law calls for retroactive immunity from criminal and civil prosecution for all California Judges and government officials involved in the scheme.

For more info on Richard I. Fine go to: www.fulldisclosure.net

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The simple story is that 1,400 California judges are taking bribes from the counties. The counties are not sovereign bodies so their payments to a judge are no different than any other citizen. Payments to judges are illegal.

The more complicated story is why the federal courts won’t stop the California bribes. All the undisclosed bribes represent “fraud on the court” because one party bought the judge without the other party’s consent. The “fraud” renders all decisions by the court null and void. One estimate is 100 million felonies and void judgements over the last 20 years. 20 years of decisions thrown out. The feds don’t want to be responsible for this re-opening all these cases.

A further wrinkle is that since the State appellate courts and supreme court won’t overturn the fraud, the federal judges are supporting the state judges. This cronyism goes all the way to the Supreme Court of the US. SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts has been trying to get Federal judge salaries raised for years. Now that lowly Calif Superior Court commissioners make more than the Supreme Court US Justices, there is good argument to pay the feds more.

Cronyism and salary demands get in the way of justice. If the courts can make the case that this is just one man’s fight, Richard Fine’s whistle-blowing will go no where. If many citizens start demanding that voided settlements be reviewed for eventual finality then Richard becomes a hero and the State Bar that disbarred him will have egg on its face.

The citizen campaign has started.

• Barbara J BushBarbara J Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame that the judicial system is tainted by judges accepting bribes.
        Start cleaning house and arrest the real culprits. Where are the investigators to uncover "Truth".

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been perplexed why Richard's fate is not discussed in mainstream media. I thought the US held virtues such as justice dear. Isn't it one of the cornerstones of our society? We are letting the likes of Judge Yaffe to dig holes under the very foundations of this country.

After struggling for months to understand why no major news station has focused on this issue, reading the comments from "revfred" may have nailed it, hypocrites and double-minded! While commentators rail about constitutional rights, systemic corruption, political bribes and the like....the Richard Fine story is not touched with a ten foot pole by the prominent commentators. Maybe Judge Napolitano is different. Like the institutions that are “TOO BIG TO FAIL” this story may be too big to tackle, as it goes far beyond the incarceration and release of one man. It is about the whole judicial system and many institutions connected with that system. The corruption is institutional, affecting all politicians, (federal, state and local) law enforcement, the judiciary and who knows how many others. How does a commentator or news outlet tackle such an explosive expose’?

• revfredrevfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever happened to the order of law requiring the due process of deposition and a speedy court. Seems to me that due process only applies to the guilty and not the honest citizens. Any news media that does not or refuses to shed light on this injustice should be exposed as hipocrites. They are double-minded and speak with forked tounges.

• regjoeschmoregjoeschmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It amazing that there is not more press coverage on this situation.... we are more worried about prisoners in guantanamo that our own citizens being detained just as illegally if not moreso?? We cannot turn a blind eye to judicial corruption as it is eroding the basis of our country's foundations....

• aimesaimes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The LA County Commissioners are being lauded as heros for pressing the state for a tax refund for 'overpaid taxes' for the city of Bell after the Bell City Council's over-inflated salaries came to light recently. Richard Fine exposed illegal judicial payments totalling over $300 million, which violate the state constitution, and he sits in jail. He has never been charged, never been tried, has never been sentenced, has in fact done nothing wrong and he sits in JAIL for 18 months and counting. Why? For trying to do the right thing, for trying to protect you and me and all the taxpayers in California.

Richard Fine should be released. The public has a right to be outraged and they would be if more information was discussed in the media. Please shine the spotlight on this situation.

• judyjudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please discuss the Richard Fine case. he has been in prison unlawfully. He deserves major coverage

• Marcia J. KatzMarcia J. Katz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Judge Napolitano,
        Richard Fine is a "FINE" human-being. I worked for Richard in the late 70's and early 80's and I know firsthand what a genuine hard-working humanitarian he is. Clearly, he wanted to share justice with his clients that he represented but also ordinary hard-working honest citizens. From the very onset after leaving the City Attorneys Office--Antitrust Division to his own public practice, he has always maintained "Justice" for all who deserve it and "Injustice" to those who deserve it! The "greed" of so many has always interfered with justice. Not nice--but true. Richard Fine stands for the honest-john citizen and he is being punished for that. Not nice--but true. What does government really do for us? They do not protect an honest man. What happened to freedom of speech? Where is the ideaology that you cannot say what you want in this Country. I think the media (like someone on the site has already eluded to) will launch a story about Tiger Woods cheating on his wife before reporting on a heartfilled story. Please Judge Napolitano, find the justice in your heart to help get the story out. I know that its not what you know in life but WHO you know. You have status and can do something about this injustice by freeing him from jail.

• Janette M. IsaacsJanette M. Isaacs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Judge Napolitano:
        I am Richard's co chair and I am also one of YOUR greatest fans! You are frequently on my Facebook postings. I even marketed your book for you (Lies the Government Told You) as you will see if you view my photo albums. I have commented frequently on your posts and I wish that you or Sean Hannity would run for President. Judge Napolitano, attorney Richard I Fine is my #1 cause. If you knew what I know, you would not hesitate to cover this story! I wish that you would add me to your personal Facebook list of friends. My wall is open for your viewing. I would love to work for you. My business credentials and volunteer achievements are impressive. In closing Judge Napolitano, Go For This Story!

Hugs, admiration, well wishes and much appreciation,
        Janette M. Isaacs
        (818) 772-6974
        Email: Litigantsforjustice@gmail.com

• Jerry DayJerry Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Richard Fine, more than anyone I've ever seen, deserves major coverage on Fox. The idea is not only to free Richard Fine, but to clean out the rat hole called the Los Angeles County Court System. Literally every County judge is ON RECORD taking bribe money from the State. WHERE IS THE MEDIA ON THIS?

Judge Napolitano, From all I hear you say, it seems like the injustice being done to Dr. Fine would cause your blood to boil. The facts are clear! A prominent "white-hat" attorney who represents the "little-guy" against big business remains in solitary confinement for DARING to challenge the corrupt Los Angeles County judiciary. Where is the press on this one? It doesn't bleed........so it doesn't lead? Our country is bleeding plenty due to institutional corruption such as this. If it has not already gone, we the citizens are completely DEAD when we loose the Rule of Law. What protects us, if the judiciary accepts money from either party to a litigation as a bribe to rule in their favor? Richard Fine has stood up to this corruption............and he sits in jail, going on two years. This is neither a liberal or conservative issue. It's a right or wrong issue and the press is silent. WHY? Seems to me like someone on Fox would pick this up and make the Richard Fine Story a Battle Royal! It's what movies are made of. Shirley Mac

• GlenGlen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is old good boy corruption. How can this Dr. Fine stay locked up like this in this day and age. It shows you who really has the power in this country. He should be released as this is intolerable and unfair. We are not living in Russia.

• DouglasDouglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to believe a crime as wrong & as sinister as this one is has been allowed to continue on for over a year & a half. This is inconceivable & must be stopped! These Judges made they're point a long time ago. We Must all Demanded that Dr. Fine be released Immediately. Once that's resolved we need to identify those most directly responsible including everyone else involved who's allowed this to continue for this ridiculous amount of time. They are the criminals here, no if's, and's, or but's about it.

• EllenEllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to the rights of all. Why are not the corrupted judicial parties being prosecuted and put on trial. You will notice I said trial, not what is happening and continues to happen to Dr. Fines. This is unbelieveable and intolerable.

• Kevin TKevin T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Judge, This is about judicial corruption!! This is what our country and freedom depends upon and quite obviously, Mr. Fine needs your help by exposing this injustice and giving him back his freedom. Please, you must help! Thank you in advance!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base