I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Video shows sheriff department fabricating story to justify 4th amenendment violation

http://www.kccn.tv
Brand new video website by veteran journalist Daniel Blackburn reporting on shocking story of San Luis Obispo, CA Sheriff's Department unjustifiably arresting a man, searching his house, and confiscating his legal guns. And listen to the deputies as they discuss how to justify what they have done. Shocking and sad...

3,566 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PatrickPatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • thebonobozthebonoboz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

State forfeiture law allows police and prosecutors to seize "suspicious" assets whether or not the owner has been convicted of a crime, and The Star investigation last year revealed that the money effectively served as a slush fund in some counties. One police department was spending the money without the county council's permission. Another was seizing cash from motorists under agreements signed on the side of the road -- without entering a courtroom.

• thebonobozthebonoboz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

State forfeiture law allows police and prosecutors to seize "suspicious" assets whether or not the owner has been convicted of a crime, and The Star investigation last year revealed that the money effectively served as a slush fund in some counties. One police department was spending the money without the county council's permission. Another was seizing cash from motorists under agreements signed on the side of the road -- without entering a courtroom.

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Corrupt leadership leads to corrupt officers...
        I love it when 'they' investigate themselves!
        what a surprise, they never find anything wrong..
        Time for a housecleaning, top to bottom.

• Rick/MTRick/MT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This reminds me of the unlawful confiscation of a pistol from a frail old lady during Hurricane Katrina. Oath Keepers these morons are not. Every one of these morons need to be shown the light either by legal process or by public scrutiny. It appears the "them vs. us" mentality begins at county level in some parts of this country, and it is scary. The Sheriff and the prosecuting attorney should be removed from public office. They are a disgrace, and I seriously doubt the deputies could be "re-educated".They should be bagging groceries at Piggly Wiggly.

• Roy and Kim DentonRoy and Kim Denton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh we can sympathize with this man on this. Check out our case Denton v. Rievley Case No. 1:07-CV-211. I only wish we had a recording of what happend. Our case would have been over long ago! I am trying to get The Judge to help us shed light on this as well, all average citizens are at risk and we cannot rely on our Constitution to save us anymore.

Police enter a home without being dispatched there without a warrant arrest man in middle of night, go in to the back part of home, pull guns on Bronze Star recipient soldier home on R&R before going back to Iraq all without a warrant, exigent circumstances or consent.

• LewisLewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in big trouble here in this country. It is probably to late. The blame for our loss of libertys should rest with the judicial branch of all of the governments, local, state and national. Protect us, reel in these crazy cops and laws that take our freedom and property and no one says a word. Where is the press in all of this. Not getting the word out because of fear maybe or because this is just a GUN issue. Me now, you next brother....

• LewisLewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in big trouble here in this country. It is probably to late. The blame for our loss of libertys should rest with the judicial branch of all of the governments, local, state and national. Protect us, reel in these crazy cops and laws that take our freedom and property and no one says a word. Where is the press in all of this. Not getting the word out because of fear maybe or because this is just a GUN issue. Me now, you next brother....

• Garry MossGarry Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our government is running amok. I know that the supreme court has upheld these thinly veiled gestapo checkpoints labeled "sobriety and license" checkpoints, but in reading the 4th amendment, I still don't see how it can not be considered a violation. They have tow trucks standing by to steal people's vehicles for crying out loud. It really smacks of something that may have been appropriate in Hitler's Germany but not in these United States that is supposed to be a free country.

• KennyKenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These uniformed thugs, and others like them need to be taken off the force and seriously punished with some time behind bars.

• DurocSharkDurocShark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every cop that turns a blind eye to this kind of activity is AT LEAST as guilty as the cop that is breaking the law.

• JosephJoseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Patrick. Please keep in mind that there are far more officers like me than there are like those in the video. It may not look like this to the public since the bad guys get all the press, but from the inside looking around I promise you that the majority of cops are decent people and try to do things by the book.

• b140a67b140a67 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your comments, Joseph. It's people like you that we need to remember when we start to blast the entire profession. Keep up the good work and stay safe.

• Jason DJason D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first officer on the scene, Darren Murphy, decides he is going to make an arrest even before he arrives at the scene to investigate. The call of "shots fired" and "man with a gun" are not necessarily indicative of a crime being committed in that part of the county where people routinely shoot and hunt.
        Deputy Matt Terrell arms himself with a rifle and crouches down taking aim at the victim before he even attempts to assess the situation or make contact. This was already out of control before it even started!

• JosephJoseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a peace officer myself, this literally makes me sick to my stomach. To me what is more disturbing than the actions of the officers at the scene is the cover-up by the sheriff's office and the District Attorney.

Those officers should be in jail, to a man. The agency brass should be held accountable, the sheriff and the DA should both be voted out of office.

It's no wonder that portions of the public have the view that they do of law enforcement. Hell, I'm one of them and they scare the hell out of me.

• CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every single one of those responding officers whould be in jail and the entire command structure of that agency as well as the DA should be held liable for their actions as well.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base