I'd like the panel to discuss ...

OHIO Ballot Initiative to AMEND our State Constitution, HC Freedom! Today OhioLibertyCouncil.org

OHIO Ballot Initiative to AMEND our State Constitution, Health Care Freedom!

Today’s filing by the Ohio Liberty Council is the nation’s first citizen-initiated action.

PRESS RELEASE! http://www.ohiolibertycouncil.org/

A press conference is scheduled in Columbus for 3:30 PM.

Please interview Leader of this initiative!

5,581 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BeaReadyBeaReady shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kick this off of first place please. There's a much more important topic in 2nd place right now that can affect the entire world. Let's not be selfish and worry about just one little state.

VOTE FOR THE E-CIG STORY, IT WILL AFFECT (POSITIVELY) THE LIVES OF BILLIONS!!!

... Including yourself whether your a smoker or not

• Betty Vega FocklerBetty Vega Fockler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My father fought 4 years in WWII to protect our freedoms. There is nothing I can do to match his sacrifice... but I will work hard to continue to protect our rights and freedom. EVERY Baby Boomer should thank those brave men and women of WWII by backing this initiative!

• ZebradogZebradog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone can do SOMETHING to move this along. YOU are who you've been waiting for! sign the petition, get family and friends to sign it. Gather signatures. We must get this on the ballot. Our country depends on it.

• SHuffmanSHuffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My feelings are already posted by Scott A. Rupert and basically all of you. Thanks and each and every one of us can make a difference.

• Scott A. RupertScott A. Rupert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This action WE THE PEOPLE, of Ohio, are engaged in, is important not only to Ohio, but to EVERY STATE in the UNION. The fact that this assertion of our sovereignty has been initiated by the PEOPLE of Ohio, sends a strong signal to our Federal government. This is not our elected officials making a statement. It's WE THE PEOPLE defending our liberty, and preserving our U.S. Constitution. Every FREE citizen, in EVERY state, should be interested AND ENGAGED in the Ohio Project.

• Charles BarrCharles Barr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RDensic is 1000% correct. TJ was very clear to NOT allow "construction" of the Constitution, turning it into a "blank piece of paper".

• RDensicRDensic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jefferson was quite clear... when trying to understand the meaning of the words within the Constitution, carry yourself back to the times and spirit of the debate. We only have to look at the founders words to understand the enumeration of powers was designed to limit government... not the freedoms of the people.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My husband and I set up across from our library to gather signatures. Our signing table drew attention because of a balloon with the American Flag flying high, and a banner with "THE OHIO PROJECT' in sight. The people just seemed so grateful to be able to sign our petition. In fact, those that signed went back home only to bring back family members who also signed. The elderly who had heard that we were there, drove up in their cars and we brought the petition to them to sign.

The comments that we heard were mostly of disgust for the president and congress that would circumvent the rule of our land in order to "ram this thing down our throats".

My graditude to all of you that are getting out and collecting signatures on the petition found on theohioproject.com . You are true Patriots!

• Walter MillerWalter Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Secy. of State Brunner will try to derail this amendment at every possible juncture. Visit www.ohiolibertycouncil.com to learn how you can help obtain the signatures needed to get this initiative on the November ballot. Act today. Time is wasting away.

• BeaReadyBeaReady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohio Supreme Court Rules Unanimously in Favor of Ohio Voters on Health Care Freedom Amendment
        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
        Ohio Liberty Council Contacts
        Jason Mihalick
        mediateam@ohiolibertycouncil.com

Columbus, Ohio, April 30, 2010 The Ohio Supreme Court ruled yesterday that Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner and the Ohio Ballot Board abused their discretion when they blocked a citizens’ initiative petition to offer a single amendment to the Ohio Constitution “to preserve the freedom of Ohioans to choose their health care and health care coverage.”...
        ...read more...
        http://www.ohiolibertycouncil.org/?p=2117

Update: WE WON this round!

COLUMBUS: The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that a proposed amendment by groups seeking to exclude the state from President Barack Obama's health care overhaul should appear as a single issue on the ballot.

The Thursday decision reverses a finding by the Ohio Ballot Board, which had split the issue proposed by the Ohio Liberty Council and others into two separate ballot measures.

The court says the board abused its discretion and disregarded state law and ordered it to certify the proposed amendment.....

...read more...
        http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/92437369.html

4/21/10: Request for extension of time to file merit brief of SoS, two days before deadline.
        4/22/10: Memo opposing extension request.
        4/22/10: Supreme Court Answer: DENIED!
        4/23/10: SoS filed briefs and evidence

• PatPat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will win against all who want to change America! Never give up Patriots!!!

UPDATE! Today the Ohio AG certified the petition language! We hope to roll within the next 10 days but are preregistering voters for signing. Read all about it at OLC link above.

• Frederick HaissFrederick Haiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have never the Feds hold this much power over us in the first place I say get all the power back to We The People, who dwell in States not a National coalition of states

• Wayne Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now is the time, to show the whole nation that we will not be bullied by a tyrannical elite. Strike back while the iron is hot! This is the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Feedback and Knowledge Base