I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Redress of Grievances Lawsuit & Continental Congress 2009

Please feature Bob Schulz of the We the People Foundation & Congress [www.GiveMeLiberty.org] on Freedom Watch to present to the American people the history and status of the recent Redress of Grievances Lawsuit & Continental Congress 2009.

The Unalienable Right to Petition for Redress of Grievances, precedented even in England's Magna Carta, is the background and very foundation upon which the Declaration of Independence was written and America was founded.

The founding fathers understood that the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches of government might someday fail in their duty to protect the people from tyranny.

Fortunately, the founders provisioned for two forms of legal means through which We the People can peacefully mandate limited government: 1. the ballot box; 2. the First Amendment Accountability Clause.

Unfortunately, the latter is also known as the "forgotten clause", as barely any Americans are aware of it and even less are aware of its meaning. Further, the US Supreme Court has thus far refused to perform its duty in defining the meaning of these last 10 words of the First Amendment: “... and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

The founding fathers also knew that unless the Right to Petition included the right to withhold money from the Federal government UNTIL the People's grievances were remedied, their grievances might fall on deaf ears and liberty would give way to tyranny and involuntary servitude.

Therefore, within an act of the 1774 Continental Congress regarding Petitioning for Redress of Grievances, the founding fathers said:

“If money is wanted by Rulers who have in any manner oppressed the People, [the People] may retain [their money] until their grievances are redressed, and thus peaceably procure relief, without trusting to despised petitions or disturbing the public tranquility.”

Founders’ Advice: No Redress, NO TAXES!

Regardless of administration, the American Federal Government has continued to transgress its limitations of power and jurisdiction as granted to it by We the People through the US Constitution in various ways, most recently by the continuation of giving public money to corporations and private interests.

Over recent years, the We the People Foundation & Congress has initiated steps toward legally addressing the matter of mandating government accountability to the rule of law. However, thus far all three branches of government have ignored and/or stonewalled the lawsuit.

For a brief overview of and introduction to these efforts, visit this website to watch the 2-part 15 minute video: http://www.GiveMeLiberty.org/revolution.

Recorded in 2008, this gives a brief overview of the Petitions for Redress lawsuits presented to Congress and the Supreme Court, and the founders' intent behind the last 10 words of the First Amendment: “... and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

If you find this interesting and would like to learn more, visit the following link to hear a more recent and detailed presentation by Bob Schulz regarding the State of America and the decision to hold a Continental Congress 2009: http://sites.google.com/site/wethepeoplenc/files.

This 80 minute audio file (CC2009_Asheville_1.29.09.16.mp3) is part of the Continental Congress 2009 Promotional Tour with Bob Schulz of We the People, recorded in Asheville, NC on Thursday, Jan 29. It covers in detail the history of our unalienable Right to Petition for Redress of Grievances as guaranteed by the Accountability Clause of the First Amendment, the recent lawsuits including the failure of Federal Government response in all three branches, and the apparent need for a CC2009 to determine a strategy in order to mandate a Constitutionally limited government accountable to the rule of law.

You can also visit the following site link to read and sign the Petitions for Redress: http://www.GiveMeLiberty.org/RTPLawsuit/SignPetitions.htm.

We the People have a lot of work to do in reforming the current runaway government, but it all starts with spreading libertarian education to our fellow Americans. GiveMeLiberty.org will be continually updated to help in this process, including making important announcements regarding the Continental Congress 2009.

PLEASE help spread this information to everyone!

2,742 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    infinityBBCinfinityBBC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tight FistTight Fist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bureaucracy should fear what will come if they don't wake up when enough people start believing law means oppression & therefore should have no reason to obey it themselves. What happens when you, in the bureaucracy, fear to step beyond closed doors. This is only a theory, but what if it becomes a conspiracy ?

• dmzunigadmzuniga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DannyMac,

Bob is an upstanding patriot; a sincere fighter for what he believes in. The problem is what he believes in...chickens petitioning foxes.

Poultry petitioning foxes just can’t expect a salutary result. But DannyMac, I believe that your suggested remedies are not much better. You say that,

"Mr. Schulz uses the reasoning for CC2009 being that his past private petitioning for redress exhausted all remedies, and therefore the only thing left to do is hold an alleged Continental Congress. Wrong. All remedies are far from exhausted. Much can be done through the state legislatures which has not yet been done. For example, restoring sound money, revitalizing state militias, and enforcing state sovereignty, all of which are constitutional remedies, and which are being organized."

“State legislatures, restoring sound money.” Surely you jest? I applaud Dr. Edwin Vieira's state-level gold specie currency efforts, but I don't expect a plurality of states to jump on the bandwagon. Article I Sec 8 still gives the Congress the power to coin the currency of the republic and to regulate its value. Because we gave it that power, we gave it that DUTY.

Instead, it has granted a 97-year counterfeiting concession to print fiat paper vs. coin lawful currency. This CRIME must be addressed, the criminals brought to justice. If a member of Congress is guilty of acquiescence in racketeering, then that member is ignorant of the basics of the Constitution, doesn’t deserve his/her office, and can be indicted under state laws.

"Revitalizing state militias" is a practical impossibility and tactically foolish. If we reach the point of mass citizen uprising in state militias (not one state militia is yet organized or training) against federal troops, the end will be worse than the beginning.

What rules of engagement? What military goal for the militias? No; it would be the height of folly to take arms when we haven't even begun to take peaceful, powerful action in our State courts.

Your suggestion that state legislatures will save us at this hour is the most troubling assertion, Danny; it's like Bob Schulz thinking that chickens winning a lawsuit against foxes, will alter the foxes' diet.

State legislatures ran their 10th Amendment rubber swords through straw men all during 2009 and into 2010, but it's political theatre, man. The coin of the realm!

The states receive hundreds of billions (collectively) from D.C. every year. The state parasite sector (employees) would never allow legislators to pull them off the sow's teat. The legislatures are passing RESOLUTIONS; non-binding political newsprint for re-election campaigns. Not statutes.

What’s the answer? Madison put it well: "Who are the best keepers of the people's liberties? The People Themselves." Now, we just need a plan of action for the rest of history; one that is constitutional, practical for the long term, in line with the founders' directions, and thus tactically astute.

AmericaAgain! is the only plan extant today that meets those criteria. It follows James Madison and the Constitution to the letter. A lasting enforcement mechanism for the rest of history, against 150 years of corruption.

www.myamericaagain.org

• Fr33domFr33dom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the difference between the Constitutional Congress and the Continental Congress? My family just sent in our votes today for our reps in Maine. I have so much to learn. I wonder if I'll have enough time to get to where I need to be. I tend to think I should of been there back in 49 when I was born. Will we get to where we need to be before America collapses? So many questions and so much to do in a short time.

• cherylcheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

without the "transparency" of government there should be a complete audit of the fed-executive-legislative-judicial--not only that--a constitutional inquery on all-with the republic going rogue--a-continental congress-would really throw another obstacle in the mix- that people have lost their control over their lives

• DannyMacDannyMac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several things wrong with Mr. Schulz and his private Continental Congress proposal that he is pushing forward:
        1. His CC2009 proposal has no public election of delegates at public meetings that were pre-posted publicly, from the ground local level to state delegate elections up to national congress delegate elections. The founders in 1774 did all elections of delegates first from the ground up at local level pre-announced public meetings, then the same local committees elected state delegates at pre-announced public meetings, then the authorized state delegates elected delegates to Continental Congress. Mr. Schulz selection of delegates is basically through his private website. No pre-announced authorized elections at public meetings ever occurred. Therefore, CC2009 has no authorization, and therefore should not be called a Continental Congress, because it is not one.
        2. Mr. Schulz proposes spending several weeks costing several thousands of dollars per participant. This takes away valuable time and money, both of which are in short supply, draining valuable resources from other activities that are authorized and could make a difference.
        3. After the several weeks meetings, the outcome will have no authority to change anything. It would merely be a weeks long forum.
        4. Mr. Schulz uses the reasoning for CC2009 being that his past private petitioning for redress exhausted all remedies, and therefore the only thing left to do is hold an alleged Continental Congress. Wrong. All remedies are far from exhausted. Much can be done through the state legislatures which has not yet been done. For example, restoring sound money, revitalizing state militias, and enforcing state sovereignty, all of which are constitutional remedies, and which are being organized. Unfortunately, Mr. Schulz refuses to join these state movements, or assist them financially, which Mr. Schulz is very capable of doing if he so chose.
        5. When the 13 states in 1774 called for a Continental Congress to decide on action to take, Boston harbor was blockaded by the English navy, shutting down the Atlantic trade route, Boston was under martial law, and firearms had been confiscated. Political and economic remedies were exhausted, leaving the 1st Continental Congress only to the remedy of common defense.

• infinityBBCinfinityBBC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

regarding why Ron Paul might not be promoting this, Bob Schulz has asked this very same question to Ron's staff.

i'd post a link to the newsletter Bob sent on this last year sometime, but with the WTP archives being so difficult to navigate on the website, i simply cannot find it.

from my recollection and to cut to the chase, it seems his staff is AGAINST this concept because it would make too much work for them because there are so many Constitutional infractions. i say to them, "do your job & earn your keep, you WHIMPS!" 8-)

IMHO, Ron Paul has been poorly guided by several folks who worked within his campaign, and those who are still on his staff. it seems many folks around him are not as interested in advancing liberty as is he, and are more interested in their personal political "careers".

but Ron Paul's words ring true: the fight for liberty does not reside in ONE person, but with We the People!

• Barbnara HarlessBarbnara Harless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob Schulz has a splendid idea - Exercise the 1st amendment Right! The Forefathers wrote this as the 1st Amendment, not the 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th for a reason. Pleaes help the Continental Congress get their word out. It is the only lawful and peaceful action The People can take to address the government. Showing up at the polls does not seem to be giving life to our Constitution. It is time to exercise our 1st amendment to attempt to restore The People's government. If our elected officials uphold their oaths to office in that they are there to serve, protect, and uphold the US Constitution then they have nothing to fear by accepting petitions for redress of grievances from The People.

• Don SpectorDon Spector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please discuss the coming Continental Congress 2009. Interview Bob Shultz. Ask Ron Paul why he does not promote this citizens congress which will meet on Nov 9th for 17 days !

• jpysjpys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having Bob Schulz on your show is right up your alley. All Constitution driven. They are currently working on having a Continental Congress this fall with many prominent freedom-fighters to attend. The People of this nation of republics NEED to hear about these events and learn why they are significant. Just as your books do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base