I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Talk w/ John McManus of the John Birch Society

I like to see the Judge talk about freedom and how we can get it back with the president of the John Birch Society(JBS). The JBS have been fighting for freedom for decades. They have a powerful movement and organization. Ron Paul even spoke at one of their big events.

290 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy YoungAndy Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The John Birch Society is TOTALLY PATRIOTIC!!!!!
        LESS GOVERNMENT...
        MORE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY...
        AND WITH GOD'S HELP...A BETTER WORLD!!!!!
        EDUCATE AMERICANS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

• AnnetteAnnette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have heard Jack speak. He is excellent and more people need to be introduced to his vast knowledge of our government's history as well as its' current direction. Too many people are asleep at the wheel right now. People like Mr. McManus are capable of waking them up. He needs more publicity. The man knows of what he speaks.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've met John two times. Once at Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic and then in Columbus, OH while on his nationwide "Dollars and Sense" tour. He's very nice to talk with. I think the Judge and his viewers will also be impressed.

• James McCormickJames McCormick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

John McManus would be excellent. I would love to see him discuss the dangers of a Constitutional Convention with the Judge. He has a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

• tom edmondsontom edmondson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The John Birch Society celebrated it's 50th Anniversary last fall and Ron Paul was the featured speaker at the closing banquet. Founder Robert Welch personnaly hired John as his personal assistant in the early 1960s. The JBS has saved the United States from internal revolution because it is unchanging in the principals of God, Family, and Country. Nobody explains it better than veteran JBS president and publisher of The Bew American magazine, than John McManus.. I look forward to having The Judge interview him..

• Holly Hannah OngHolly Hannah Ong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We the people have had our mouths closed for too long. Even other countries are talking about how shocked they are at what we are allowing to change so quickly. We need a leader to fire up the people like a modern Patrick Henry. John McManus or Ron Paul are needed as large public figures to talk to the Judge. And we need to pray for help, because we are in great need of Devine assistance.

• Rosalie GreenleyRosalie Greenley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Judge needs to talk with John McManus of the JBS about Napolitano's recent calls for a Constitutional Convention. The JBS has been fighting this battle for decades and I'm appalled that the Judge would urge Constitutionalists to support a Con-Con. Surely he understands the grave dangers such a convention would pose? I have to wonder how well-informed the Judge really is. Let's get McManus on the show and have a frank discussion on this!

• Dare BerringerDare Berringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, McManus should be an invited guest as should author of the following article:

Constitutional Convention Backers Want to Hijack the Tea Party Movement

http://www.jbs.org/index.php/freedom-campaign/4820

Another guest on such a panel would be Phyllis Schlafy Con Con Is a Terrible Idea

http://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2009/may09/psrmay09.html

Vote in the thousands for topic idea to show Freedom Watchers want to hear it all

http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/pages/16625-freedom-watch-show-ideas/suggestions/209966-danger-of-a-second-constitutional-convention

Unfortunately, many Libertarians have promoted the idea of a Con-Con for decades. It's possible Judge Napolitano has always been among them.

• HelselHelsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the previous comments. I really like the judge and have scoured the internet several times trying to hear his views. I hope and pray that the judge is not just more controlled opposition promoted by News Corporation. If the show is legitimate they need to stretch their hand out to the John Birch Society instead of continuing to pretend they no longer exist. They give the most extreme, left-wing radicals an opportunity to speak on FOX and attempt to defend the indefensible. Why don't they give the true right an opportunity? I do like the judge and instinctively believe he is the kind of man that doesn't sacrifice his beliefs for money and prestige, his speech on Ron Paul was excellent and his newest book has been on my to read list for some time. Don't become Judge Judas, Judge. The ones supplying energy to this movement know that a con con is a loaded gun, you don't play with a loaded gun and you are way to educated to really believe that it would be the right thing to do.

• Rob P.Rob P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spoke with the Judge at the Liberty Forum at CPAC. He shared with me that he was once a big fan of JBS's publication, The New American. While I have much respect for the Judge, I am deeply concerned about his recent call for a Constitutional Convention. He recently sat in as a substitute host for Glenn Beck, and his guest Randy Barnett of Georgetown was calling for the same.

First and foremost, a Constitutional Convention or Con-Con is not necessary to amend the Constitution. Secondly, JBS has been leading the fight against an Article V Con-Con for nearly two decades. Third and finally, I would like to see John McManus discuss this specifically, and address the dangers of a Con-Con with the Judge. If he is truly on the side of freedom he will oblige.

For Liberty,
        Rob

• Bob DonohooBob Donohoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

McManus has a great understanding of the root causes of our nations problems. Please give him a listen... !

• Doug TimmermanDoug Timmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put on John McManus of the Birch society he seems to know alot about sound money and the constitution!

Feedback and Knowledge Base