I'd like the panel to discuss ...

"Preppers" and Self-sufficency

There is a movement to become self-sufficient and not dependent on any of the Government ran systems like power, water, food, debt. etc.

People like Jack Spirko and his podcast seem to be leading the way. Are they the new pioneers?

Source example http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/about

4,153 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bloodybootsbloodyboots shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • K.V.K.V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always supported the idea of self-sufficiency and less government, but apparently I am one of about three people I've met in my entire state (Arizona) who agree with me and who are responsible and reliable enough to be part of such a movement. This is something I've always wanted to see discussed: How we can have less government in our lives when so many people in our country are irresponsible, unreliable, and so on. Any thoughts?

• dmzunigadmzuniga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you,'Dread Pirate'; I would be happy to be interviewed by the Judge to talk about AmericaAgain!, the first enforcement mechanism for the 9th and 10th Amendments in our history:
        -Bringing members of Congress to STATE court on civil and criminal charges in State statutes that coincide with many of the crimes they've been committing for a century as an "immune" federal junta
        -Drafting and pushing passage of OUR legislation to take back what they've stolen from us (the People and the States) through THEIR legislation, usually drafted by industry and billionaire individuals who own them
        -Lawfully pushing Tax Honesty to scale, to cut back federal revenues by 50-75%, which would still be far more than required to fund all enumerated powers of Congress.
        It's time to take our republic back, by enforcing the Supreme Law. We can do it, from home, by the millions. We have the law on our side and we outnumber them 50,000 to 1. The HQ team at AmericaAgain! is waiting to work for YOU, so we can start taking our lives and liberties back from criminals.
        Actually enforcing the 9th and 10th Amendments is 200 years overdue. We certainly can't trust State legislators to put teeth in the 10th, but if We The People get serious about the 9th, we will enforce BOTH against the manifestly corrupt Congress.
        http://www.myamericaagain.org

• DreadPirateDreadPirate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s wise to prepare for times of instability, but we can’t sit in foxholes waiting for Leviathan’s next move. Judge Napolitano needs to have David Zuniga, CEO of AmericaAgain! on his show to explain this new self-government mechanism is more critical to America’s future than even survival preparation.

www.myamericaagain.org

• Phillip LaibePhillip Laibe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually I came across a candidate for US Senate the other day who feels that one of the best ways for America to decrease government spending is for us all to be self sufficient and for our country to return to a culture of independence. Unfortunately here in America it is becoming more common for people to have an attitude of "what can my country do for me" here is a link to his article http://snitker2010.com/government-spending

• Justin MckayJustin Mckay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you rely on power, water, food, and money from any government, you become a slave. Jack Spirko is my guru on self reliance.

• Anna BaileyAnna Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just heard the news that Jack gets to be on Freedom Watch!! SWEET! I love his podcasts - they have revolutionized the way I live my life and how I view the world! Thank you for inviting him!!! Can't wait!

• PatriotPatriot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been listening to Jack Spirko's show since last fall, and he had been imformative, helpful, and an all around great guy. Both his show and his forum has been a source of great information for myself and many others. Jack approached modern survival from the standpoint of "Sure, the world may not end, but it you live a self sustaining life free of debt, free of the control of others, a life where you provide for yourself, then isn't it worth doing?" Jack Spirko made all this craziness in the world today just a little bit easier to handle.

• Foo SmedleyFoo Smedley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely tune in to listen to an Jack Spirko interview.
        I've listened to his podcast several times and I find his arguments for preparation and "modern survivalism" to be very captivating. As others here have pointed out, "survivalism" can evoke some evoke negative images, but "modern survivalism" could also be simply described as doing sane things that were second nature for your grandparents i.e. growing and canning food, avoiding debt, limiting your consumption, and preparing for reasonable risks with the realization that we can go through tough times and that your future is not guaranteed to be better than the past.

• ogreboyogreboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack has a lot of really good information for normal people, to help them live a better life, and prepare for what may or may not come. I would love it if you had him on your show.

• Shane BunchShane Bunch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Helping You Live The Life You Want, If Times Get Tough, Or Even If They Don't" is the tagline for Jack's show. The Survival Podcast is a godsend in that it encompasses so much more than simple emergency preparedness but truly sustainable living. He is able to put into cohesive thought and articulate so well what so many already know.

• jessicajessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been listening to Jack's podcasts for nearly five months. Saying that during those five months I have learned a huge wealth of information, is quite the understatement. Jack knows his stuff, knows how to present it, and knows how to represent his community in a fair and level-headed manner. As a guest I believe Jack would challenge your audience. And perhaps even you might learn a thing or two from him as well.

• dellis01dellis01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack has great knowledge on the economic and political issues and instructs his listeners how they can affect change individually through permaculture, investing in yourself through land, food, energy which you can grow and pass to your family.

• Michael CaldwellMichael Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack has really turned me on to being prepared for an emergency of many types. Even if nothing ever happens( and I pray that it doesnt) I will still have the knowledge gained from him and others from the forums to do things such as raising gardens and stuff like that

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been enjoying The Survival Podcast ever since Jack was featured on the Lew Rockwell show.

Jack helps teach people how to live independently. Maybe this helps you survive the collapse of the Washington DC Empire. Or maybe it just helps you appreciate family, fresh food, and the outdoor life. Either way, you win.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack needs to be on this show. His way of explaining what the true preper community is unmatched. He is not a crazy "tinfoil hat" , hiding in his bunker, waiting for the world to end kind of guy. He is very informed and wants to spread the word about how living frugally how our grandparents were taught to live, is a better more fulfilling way to live.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack needs to be on this show. His way of explaining what the true preper community is unmatched. He is not a crazy "tinfoil hat" , hiding in his bunker, waiting for the world to end kind of guy. He is very informed and wants to spread the word about how living frugally how our grandparents were taught to live, is a better more fulfilling way to live.

• Leopoldo M AlmeidaLeopoldo M Almeida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Judge, you need to have jack on, he's really going to connect with a lot of your audience. Jack is very common sense smart.

• jmaninolinjmaninolin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Survival podcast is something I MAKE time for. I like the way Jack encourages gradual improvement. I think he is very reasonable and methodical in what he believes and encourages me to learn for myself. THANK YOU JACK for all your hard work.

• Nobleese MartinezNobleese Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jack is a kind, brillant man who wants very much to share what he knows with anyone who is interested in improving his life. He has a wealth of information on being self-sufficient and has his finger on the pulse of the world. He is able to sift through the garbage and set things straignt, even if he has to use a few rough words.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TSP is full of level headed, practical information in his podcast every weekday.
        I think he would make a great guest!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base