Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phil_will1Phil_will1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Larry L. CliftonLarry L. Clifton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Fair Tax as promoted by Denis Calabrese @ fairtax.org is the only fair tax on the table and would free all Americans to produce and prosper. All taxes collected would come from consumption instead of being 'taken' from income. This is the change all Americans can get behind. Please visit fairtax.org and go to news and developments to see the list of questions. Denis Calabrese answers all of them concisely. You owe it to yourself to really understand this Fair Tax concept. It could turn this MESS around and get America back on track. Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirror 'experts' from both parties...They are the ones that got us here. Enough is enough.jmho
        ........llc

• Nasty MacNabbyNasty MacNabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is nothing wrong with our current system of taxation, except for that fact that it is being misapplied through public ignorance. People need to pickup the Constitution and actually read it once in awhile; then they need to begin asking hard questions so that they may start to logically interpret exactly what it was that they have just read. The government should not be taxing the subsistence of the common laborer, except through the form of direct taxation, period.

Taxes are to be laid ONLY for three main reasons. Taxation is not meant to operate in the form of a blanket, slung over the heads of the populous, blinding them from the reality of what is really going on. Remember, we are Republican Nation! Our current form of taxation was devised to replace mass dependency on tariff taxes.

Learn more:

http://defendindependence.org/OIF/TheCruxofFederalTaxation.PDF
        http://defendindependence.org/OIF/NYTDirectTaxes.PDF

• Patrick HenryPatrick Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm for the "Fair Tax" as long as the rate is zero. Why do we want to replace the IRS. Why don't we just get rid of it and replace it with nothing? This will end up just as corrupt as the current system. Boortz is a neo-con who actually knows better. In fairness... "fair tax" would be preferable but the problem is it will end up morphing into something you have to swipe ID for every sale- cash or otherwise. Creepy. Besides taking your money (as if that wasn't enough) this is one of my main gripes about it. Hell... even your energy bill is slated be a government snooping tool with this new "smart grid" stuff. 1) Government does not need the money. 2) It will track and trace everything you buy, rent, sell, contract, or consume. They may not tell you this but I guarantee that will be the result.

• KDusKDus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's nothing fair about a tax. Let's not legitimize federal taxes by asking for a new method of being taxed. That's like asking to be beaten with a new whip.

• BarbBarb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please invite Sen. John Linder, Herman Cain (talk show host) and/or NEal Bootz to your SHOW to enlighten your viewers or listeners about the FAIRTAX whichwill to stimulate our ecomony a way that we can all understand, instead of the Government playing the SHELL GAME with OUR MONEY!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base