I'd like the panel to discuss ...

9/12 Candidates

Your government needs higher standards. Why not ask government officials to pledge their sacred honor in the execution of their duties? It was the standard in the Patriot Generation, and is the only standard that will maintain our government. This movement requires that candidates sign a morally binding contract to uphold basic American principles and values. Wouldn't you like to vote for a 9/12 Candidate?

962 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob F. RoeckerJacob F. Roecker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DreadPirateDreadPirate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When they take office, they take an oath to uphold and defend the constitution. The concept of having them sign a binding agreement to uphold certain moral values is good, but how do we hold them to that? We already don't hold them to the oath they take, so why should we believe that they will honor any other contract? If we don't enforce it, it will not be done. I believe the AmericaAgain idea or group as posted is the way to go; It seems to be a comprehensive plan to enforce the constitution and laws we already have. It was just listed a few days ago in the Freedom Watch Show Ideas forum, so you should be able to locate it in the "New" area; I highly recommend it.

• Phillip LaibePhillip Laibe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, luckily here in Florida we have an official 9/12 candidate running for US Senate, I'm sure you've already heard about him, it's Alex Snitker. If you haven't already heard about this grassroots candidate who has pledged to bring term limits to congress and balance the support a balanced budget amendment while bringing the federal government back to its constitutional roots check out his website: www.snitker2010.com

• dean mooredean moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are alot of Constitutional candidates out there. There are 10 amendment pledges, tea party pledges, and whole parties devoted to upholding the Constitution. But as long as people are under teh impression that there are two parties, and only those two can have power, you will never have more than a smattering of good candidates elected. http://www.deanmoore.us just one example.

• nate5176nate5176 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently in 8th place... and is along the same lines as the current 9th place candidate, "Tim Cox w/GOOOH" -- I want to encourage all you folks to vote!

• cherylcheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF ELECTING CANDIDATES IS STILL AROUND OR VOTING-I DONT SEE ANY STRONG-AMERICAN-CONSTITUTIONAL-TRUTHFUL-FACTUAL CANDIDATES AROUND

• Daniel HenryDaniel Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually not in the spirit of the founders. The second principle affirms the candidate's believe in God. The founders believed in God as is clearly established in the Declaration of Independence, but they also knew that (a) religion is not the only source of a strong moral center and (b) granting a religious charge to the state's powers is often used to the detriment of the people. Swearing allegiance to the Constitution is all that is necessary to declare allegiance to the rule of law. In fact, the final clause of Article VI of the Constitution explicitly forbids "religious tests" for holding office. It would be much better to gauge your support for a candidate upon their support of your liberty, both in promises and commitments, and actions in the past.

• Joanne FrasureJoanne Frasure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when any one is sworn in to office they all take the same pledge,to most of them including this man sitting our white house these priceless words are just that words,,we need elected officals that truely believe in our constitutional laws and will not create their on laws to take more money from us,this government is thinking we as americans are dumb,and they do what ever they want that benifits them their plan and could carelesss about how this will affect us american citizens,their agenda means more than our country's original laws,if those in office don't govern as the laws require then they need to be removed from office

• Steve JohnstonSteve Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

castleahh,
        I think the point is to find and support candidates who actually intend to uphold the constitution from a conservative perspective, and don't view it as a "living, breathing" document that allows them to do whatever the heck they want.

• Jacob F. RoeckerJacob F. Roecker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't mention in the description that I would be happy to represent this movement on the program. My contact information is available upon request.

Feedback and Knowledge Base