I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Judicial Tyrrany - Cancer Patient loses child custody http://tinyurl.com/cancercustodypetition

Alaina Giordano Should Not Lose Her Kids Because She Has Breast Cancer (see Facebook Page).

Woman loses custody of children to abusive husband in divorce because she has stage 4 breast cancer and husband is moving to chicago from NC.

beautyintruth-alaina.blogspot.com

325 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    concerned citizenconcerned citizen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joanna McGinnJoanna McGinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a stage iV breast cancer survivor myself, I ache for this woman and the children. In the long run the children will be more damaged than you would first think. 1) children will lose any trust or respect for the legal system, 2) will blame the father for not standing up for the mother which will do damage to their relationships, 3) having to lose the family by separation, then to lose their mother, their support systems by school, friends and relatives and the community they know. The family court judge thought it wise to keep them in durham, why change that now?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been reading about this and can't help but wonder....Where is Alaina's lawyer, and why isn't he appealing this. If this is such a miscarriage of justice and discrimination, why isn't any lawyer coming forward?????????? Maybe there is much more to the story??? When something seems to unbelievable to be true,it usually is.

• lalalalalala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just because a judge has no kids and is not married doesn't mean that she can't make a ruling regarding a family situation. that argument is moot. she most likely had other experts helping her make her decision- like psychiatrists, perhaps.
        "allegations" of cheating? hmmm.....
        and certainly a media circus isn't in the kids best interest, seeing that the older one can probably read, right?

Did anybody stop to think that Alaina is leading people to believe that her childeren were taken away cause she has cancer, well that is a stretch of the truth. Many reasons went into the decision,which was arrived at with much documentation, and the decision is NOT NOT NOT because she has cancer. In fact, maybe the documentation seen by only the professionals is how the desicion was arrived at. Cancer is a terrible disease, but if a parent who has it is doing things that are not in the best interest of the children, should that parent get custody just because she has cancer?????? That would be a potentially dangerous situation, now wouldnt it?????????????????

• marielsa sanchezmarielsa sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly is a real situation that's why we are against this decision, look for information and you'll see that is true, Alaina is my friend, a real person, great mother and woman and because she's sick is not a reason to have her kids taken away.

Does anyone really think a judge is going to take a mothers children from her BECAUSE she has cancer? Wow are you people that gullable?? And the clincher is that the children are being given to "the abusive husband" Come on, I think unless we have actually seen COURT DOCUMENTS, we shoud not comment on something, especially when the comment is harmful.

• shirley martinshirley martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most unreal thing I have ever heard ... the state should be helping her to keep her children....she needs them now for support and a will to get well...this is uncalled for and should be changed!!! :((

• VickiVicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has me boiling mad! Is there more to the story??? Anyways, this woman should not lose her children, it's bad for them and the mother also who is fighting for her life.

• Rose RichmondRose Richmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly when NC is needed to help with a child situation, they can't, but something like this and the idiots are right in the middle of it.

• Rose RichmondRose Richmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly when NC is needed to help with a child situation, they can't, but something like this and the idiots are right in the middle of it.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sheer madness... how can it possibly be in the best interests of the children to wrench them away from their mom and drop them 100s of miles away in a new and unfamiliar environment where they know no-one except the person who is forcing them into it? Doesn't he realise how much resentment towards him this action will create in their young minds? A truly loving father would do the right thing by his children and give them as much time as possible with their mom - that way, when they're older and mature, they'll look back and respect him for the sacrifices he made for their long-term emotional health. If he goes through with this, those kids are gonna end up bitter and hating him forever.

• Barbara FalluccaBarbara Fallucca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an outrage. I sincerely hope that the Cancer Foundation will get involved and are able to get a Judge to hear this case in Family Court that has a "family". Unlike the Judge that ordered Alaina's children to move so far away and she herself lived in the same town as Alaina's ex husband in Pa., she should have removed herself from that Custody case. Barbara & Nick Fallucca.

• MandiMandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Praying for you and your babies. No one should be going through what you are going through - you are fighting not one battle, but two.. I pray that God gives you more strength that you already have to go with your flow. I pray that your ex husband finds peace and love in his heart. Love and Light

• LRolappeLRolappe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite possibly one of the more ridiculous judgments I've heard to date. Placing the children with an abusive parent rather than a caring, loving parent because she has a cancer diagnosis is so incredibly unfair, not only to the mother, but especially to the children. She is still able to care for the children, despite the judge's (non-medical) ruling that 'she might die'. These children deserve as much time with their mother as can be afforded, and to rip them away from her now is going to scar them for life. How selfish & unjust!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base