I'd like the panel to discuss ...

The Second Amendment.

If the preamble of the Bill of Rights Declares and Restricts Federal Government from (among other things) infringing on the rights of individuals to keep and bear arms, where does the the Government get the authority from to say which weapons people may or may not posses, and at the same time use the very same weapons to enforce those laws with? (Machine-guns, Short barreled weapons, explosives, etc)

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bsawyerbsawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE SECOND AMEMDMENT HAS KEPT AMERICA FREE FOR 235 YEARS AND PREVENTED ANY NATION FROM INVADING OUR HOMELAND SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ALL KNEW THAT AMERICAN'S HAD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS !!!!!

• bsawyerbsawyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE CONSTITUTION GIVES AMERICAN'S THE BILLof RIGHTS AND THE BILL of RIGHTS GIVES AMERICAN;S THE 2nd AMENDMENT THAT GIVE US THE .."RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS" NOT THE GOVERNMENT OR THE STATE BUT THE CONSTITUTION AND ONCE THE STATES SIGNED THE CONSTITUTION THEY WERE BOUND BY LAW TO UPHOLD THE GUIDLINES OF THE CONSTITUTION !

• Robert GarlandRobert Garland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Bill of rights gives us the right to own and bear arms it don't say what weapons we can or can not own. Also it does not say you much take a test and/or get a permit to bear our guns on our person. When did the gov. get the power to override the BILL OF RIGHT???

Feedback and Knowledge Base