I'd like the panel to discuss ...

"Liberty-friendly" state/local governments (where to move?)

Which cities/counties/states are most sympathetic to the Constitution and freedom in general? With respect to the laws on the books - for example Montana's recent affirmation of the 2nd amendment - but also with respect to prevalent political movements and/or elected officials.

307 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian T. Peterson, DVMBrian T. Peterson, DVM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's not California. Support a fundamental liberty by supporting property rights in San Diego, CA. Go to: eminent domain abuses G.A.G. in San Diego Ca. Vote for the Grantville Action Group (GAG) to be on Freedom Watch. We are fighting an illegal redevelopment deal cut between the City and County of San Diego, which established the Grantville neighborhood as a redevelopment project area. This puts the business owners here under the perpetual threat of eminent domain; not the constitutional kind, but the kind where they take your property to give it to someone else…just like Suzette Kelo. Or, go to www.GrantvilleActionGroup.com to donate to our legal fund to stop illegal redevelopment and eminent domain. Brian T. Peterson, DVM; GAG, CEO

• dmzunigadmzuniga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Texas is the freest, by a wide margin, all things considered. I make the case for this in the final third of the Tax Honesty Primer; the Texas Penal Code (32.48) and Texas Government Code (51.901c) make a crime out of most of the documents sent to Texans by IRS offices in Texas.

http://www.taxhonestyprimer.blogspot.com

Thus, as one of the estimated 67 million non-filers (a law-abiding Nontaxpayer) for the past 11 years, it is as though my household seceded from the D.C. al Qaeda's check-skimming operation, 11 years ago.

Moreover: Texas has no state income tax.

Also, Texas is a right-to-work state (no union thuggery or corruption).

Texas also is a right-to-carry state; Texans are free to carry a concealed pistol in the truck or car...or to have rifles, pistols or shotguns as necessary for home defense, and has benefit of the doubt in case a thug breaks in to harm his/her family or steal possessions.

There are pockets of bureaucratic armageddon, of course. You don't want to live in Austin or Travis County. It's liberal (old hippies and sexual deviants of all ages) and it's a regulatory morass (government bureaucrats in everything).

Like most big cities on earth, Texas' big cities are a tough place to live if you like liberty. But once away from major metro areas, Texas can't be beat. It's larger than most European countries, so there's still room to roam when you need it.

Like a whole 'nother country.

http://www.myamericaagain.org

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this topic is covered, they should definitely have Jason Sorens back to cover it. He's the co-author of the study Mary linked to above that analyzes which states are the freest and least free.

Feedback and Knowledge Base