I'd like the panel to discuss ...

The Constitutional Tender Act - returning States to using gold & silver: ConstitutionalTender.com

Georgia has introduced the "Constitutional Tender Act" - a bill template that can be introduced in every State legislature in the nation, returning each of them to adherence to the United States Constitution's actual legal tender provisions in Article I, Section 10.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bill GreeneBill Greene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jon_RolandJon_Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Texas statutes refer to "legal tender" but nowhere define what it is, leaving it to the courts to fill the gap. But that is a legislative duty. Every state needs to not just define gold and silver as legal tender, but as the ONLY legal tender, on their territory. The states need to make and accept payment in only gold and silver, including all those federal grants.

• Drew MartinDrew Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This act is one of many essential steps to return not only to the Constitution, but to a truly free market based on voluntary exchange, in which the individual has the ability to avoid weakening currencies and undermining their prosperity. With a local and state movement back to sound money, the power of the Federal Reserve will prove futile.

• Mark HerpelMark Herpel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most American's are ready for some move to partial use of gold and silver. This move is taking place at the state level as today 10 states are presenting sound money legislation. One of the original bills, NH's goldmoneybill, from 2005 included an option for digital gold currency for the payment of certain taxes.

• Bill EvelynBill Evelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“… just as with our ancient coinage, and the newly-minted gold.
        Yea for these, our sterling pieces, all of pure Athenian mould,
        All of perfect die and metal, all the fairest of the fair,
        All of workmanship unequalled, proved and valued everywhere
        Both amongst our own Hellenes and Barbarians far away,
        These we use not: but the worthless pinchbeck coins of yesterday,
        Vilest die and basest metal, now we always use instead.”

http://stateofgeorgiateaparty.com/?page_id=992

• Shane ColeyShane Coley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Constitutional Tender Act is a must for Liberty and Prosperity. It should make us ashamed that we need a law to clarify that we are violating the US Constitution and ignorantly permitting the destruction of our nation from the inside out.

• Bill GreeneBill Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The United States Constitution declares, in Article I, Section 10, "No State shall... make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts". This means that no State can make something a "tender in payment" (which means they cannot "make something an offer as payment") for any debts, which would include debts owed by and to the State. However, EVERY State in the United States of America HAS made some other "Thing" an offer as payment - they have by law declared that they will accept, and pay out, Federal Reserve Notes for any debts owed by or to them. Therefore, every State is in violation of Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution. Thus the need for the "Constitutional Tender Act".

Feedback and Knowledge Base