I'd like the panel to discuss ...

Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRMAN.com)

Government (Senators; Congressmen; Governors, Fed, State and Local) have promoted budget reports to the public and budget reports primarily show where tax income is taken and then applied. Also a budget report is designed around a one year projection. With government doing this they have created the impression they survive off of tax income. And yes the state treasurer and legislators know this more or less based on their degree of involvement with the investment funds and enterprise operations.

The true accounting is the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report). The CAFR shows gross income for the whole picture. Tax; investment; and enterprise. Additionally it is not showing "for the year" but the end result of decades of growth. When a CAFR is completely digested in many cases a local government is bringing in more each year from investment income then tax income. Keep in mind what taxation is, it is a revenue source just as investment and enterprise income is also.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AZMOMAZMOM shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AZMOMAZMOM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would seem that there is plenty of money to run the country. We just need to demand govt accountability. Throw the bums out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base