I'd like the panel to discuss ...

If we don’t change this policy we’re TOAST!” Nicholas J. Webb Author of “The Innovation Playbook”

Some frightening facts

United States ranked sixth among 40 countries and regions, based on 16 indicators of innovation and competitiveness. Source; Information technology and innovation foundation.

Current federal policy seems to believe that investing hundreds of billions of dollars in federal research will recapture our innovation lead.

China continues accelerating its R&D investment spending, an average just above 19 percent in inflation-adjusted dollars over the past decade, compared with 3.3 percent growth in the United States.

World-renowned innovation strategist and author of the just-released, Innovation Playbook, Nicholas J. Webb proclaimed, “The current policy of investing federal tax dollars into federal innovation is absurd. Especially when coupled with an increased tax and regulatory burden on private sector innovators. It’s not the government, it’s private industry that creates world-class competitive technologies. If we don’t change this policy we’re TOAST!”

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nicholas WebbNicholas Webb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicholas WebbNicholas Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why aren't more people talking about the financial tsunami that would follow the collapse of innovation in the U.S.? China took manufacturing in the 80's and now they are taking innovation.

• Michelle LynnMichelle Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nicholas Webb is an on air media savvy guest with a powerful pedigree. Mr. Webb is not just a well-known innovation strategist, he is also a successful inventor. His inventions include the world’s smallest medical implants and a wide range of industrial and consumer products.
        www.theinnovationplaybook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base