I'd like the panel to discuss ...

.Gov attempts to seize camp zoe - no due process

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2010/11/camp_zoe_site_of_schwagstock_f.php

Thought this would be a good story for Freedom Watch. There's also a facebook group to support the land owner

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_160103224024706

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DennyDenny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peace and LovePeace and Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ZOE has been a gift of Heaven to all ofus that share it....
        There is a reason for everything....We are allone in our Love of ZOE and proud to be a part of it

• schwagaholicschwagaholic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help us save our land and our home. we all love this place soooo much and want to see it survive.

• DanielleDanielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love, Peace, Zoe♥ We will live on throught the music. It will take is there.

• DanielleDanielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love, Peace, Zoe♥ We will live on throught the music. It will take is there.

• Josh CarterJosh Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris, get your facts straight. The federal government is only required to show a "preponderance of evidence" that this property was used in a crime--they don't even have to prove that a crime was committed, much less "beyond a reasonable doubt".

This is akin to the federal government suing Camp Zoe, as opposed to them being prosecuted for any crime, which is an affront to due process in a free society. If this is what you think of as "due process", you would feel more politically comfortable in China.

• will krzeszinskiwill krzeszinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wasting money on a war on drugs is just as justified as sending police after religious groups for spreading ignorance. That doesn't happen. And I'm not saying it should.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's what the hearing if for is to prove the case or not depending on the evidence.

• Ryan C. UnderwoodRyan C. Underwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris, you're a dope. Due process, in all of Western legal tradition, means "innocent until proven guilty". Asset forfeiture is not "due process" just because a government court and police is carrying it out and calling it that.

• DennyDenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chris, you are correct. I made this post in haste while reading some commentary elsewhere and somehow that got into the title here. Regardless, this is still an issue I would like to see Judge Napolitano cover on Freedom Watch.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get your facts straight. No seizure will take place before Jimmy and his attorney has had an opportunity to put their case before a Federal judge. Even if the ruling goes against him, the seizure order will likely be stayed while the matter is on appeal. Both of these opportunities are what is meant by "due process."

Feedback and Knowledge Base